Sustainable Surf Ecoboard Launch Party
Can Surfing Become the Greenest Biz Ever?
Come join us in San Francisco’s Mission District for our 1st ever fundraising party as we explore this key idea with top leaders from the surfing and green business worlds, and help us launch our latest program – the ECOBOARD Project!
Detailed Event info:
• VIP Hour – 6PM to 7PM
• General Admission – 7PM to 10PM
Tickets sold online via Brown Paper Tickets or at the door on the day of the event (additional $5 fee)
VIP $100 • General $40 • student/feral surfer $20
• VIP Party – Spend an exclusive hour before the main event connecting with the movers and shakers at our VIP party. Enjoy great sustainable food and drink options sourced from our local Bay area, and get a special gift bag too. Spots at the VIP event are very limited, so get those while they last!
• Live DJ spinning beats, great local beer & wine from Berkley based Trumer Pils, Forestville's Hobo Wines, and gourmet sustainable food truck fare available from Little Green Cyclo at the event.
• Live Surfboard Glassing Demo: Come watch the pros from Entropy Resins and E-Tech Glassing as they transform the raw building blocks of foam, fiberglass and resin into a work of art surfboard before your eyes.
• Meet-A-Shaper Booth: Pick the brains of leading local surfboard craftsman from Stretch Surfboards (and others) about high performance board design, greener material choices and even the usefulness of deck channels. Become inspired to make your next surfboard a sustainable one, and order your new ECOBOARD Project “verified” surfboard right there at the event!
• Waste to Waves Styrofoam Collection Drive: help create the next generation of recycled EPS (i.e. “styrofoam”) surf cores, by bringing us your unwanted EPS packaging foam. Collected material will be recycled into a new surfboard core from Marko Foam.
Expert Panel Discussion:
Join top executives and founders in an inspiring discussion about surfing’s sustainable future, its potential ability to inspire larger cultural changes, and the specific role the surfboard itself has as the core of the entire lifestyle sport.
Moderator: Adam Werbach – Chief Sustainability Officer of Saatchi & Saatchi, Chairman of Saatchi & Saatchi S.
• Ryan Ashton – Executive Director, Quiksilver Foundation
• Will Hutchinson – Co-Founder, Proof Lab Station, GROW, and SurfbreakRentals.com, recent graduate of Presidio Graduate School’s “Green” MBA program
• Jim Moriarty – CEO, Surfrider Foundation
• Mark Price – CEO, FIREWIRE Surfboards
• Michael Stewart – Co-Founder, Sustainable Surf, Vice Chair of San Francisco chapter of Surfrider Foundation, Advisory Board Member of the Save the Waves Coalition
• Todd Woody – Environmental Editor, Forbes Magazine
*Special thanks to all our Partners, Sponsors and Supporters, without their help this event would not be possible!
Event Host: Saatchi & Saatchi S
Presenting Sponsors: Quiksilver Foundation • Telo Island Lodge
Supporters: Trumer Pils • New Resource Bank • Dharma Merchants • FIREWIRE Surfboards • LOST Surfboards • Stretch Surfboards • Entropy Resins • Marko Foam • Proof Lab Surf Shop • Surfrider Foundation • Patagonia • Common • E-Tech Glassing
* 100% of your tax-deductible donation will be used to support the programs of Sustainable Surf, a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.See More
>> SURF NEWS INDEX <<