Relentless Boardmasters in Association with Vans - 1week to go
ASP World Tour 5 Star Event - Tuesday 3rd - Sunday 8th August
The jewel of the Boardmasters crown is the 5 Star ASP World Tour Event. Over 70 of the Worlds best surfers will arrive at Fistral Beach all aiming to take the lions share of the $120,000 prize purse and more importantly the vital ratings points needed to ascend to the World Championship Tour. There are some big names attending notably, WCT surfer Travis Logie from South Africa and ex tour members, Brazilian Victor Ribas and the UK's own, Russell Winter. This is the only chance to see the Worlds best surfers in England!
Skinner's Longboard Invitational comes to Fistral - 4pm Thursday 5th August
Relentless Boardmasters in Association with Vans is going back to its roots, where it all began in the days when retro was... well, new school and hanging ten was the equivalent of a rodeo flip.
The Skinner's Longboard Invitational will be hitting the shores of Fistral Beach on Thursday 5th August and will showcase some of the best longboarding talent in the UK; 8 of the best longboarders in the country will be invited to compete in the 'winner take all' format which is sure to be one of the highlights of this year's RBM.
Relentless surfer Ben 'Skindog' Skinner will definitely be one to watch in this competition; he is renowned for ripping on anything that floats and has some serious skills on boards over 9 foot long!
- Prize Purse: £500 'Winner takes all'
- Format: 8 surfers will compete in two 4-man heats
- The 2 heat winners will compete in a man-on-man final, battling it out to be crowned the 1st ever Skinners Longboard Champion.
- Relentless Aerial Assault - 4pm Friday 6th August
The Relentless Aerial Assault has been inspired by the Relentless Tow-Team of 4 Relentless surfers Ben Grenata, Ben Skinner, Tom Lowe & Fergal Smith who are revolutionising British surfing by seeking out big wave surf spots across the UK and pulling into waves in excess of 30ft! Don't expect to see any big wave surfing at Fistral but you will see the discipline of tow-surfing demonstrated with a twist!
The competition will run on Friday 6th August and the format for the event is as follows:
- Man on Man (draw out of hat, no seeding)
- Best of five attempts (first surfer to three wins)
- The surfers spin the Wheel to land on a trick they must perfect in the water
- Surfers get towed into the waves and attempt the chosen manoeuvre
- Judges choose whichever surfer carried it off best
- First surfer to three wins progresses to next round
- Total of 17 heats
Go to www.relentlessboardmasters.com now to see why the RBM is the most unique event of its kind!
Source: Relentless Boardmasters
>> SURF NEWS INDEX <<