Yankees! Gawl darn 'em!
I'm an unreconstructed rebel!
1. O I'm a good old rebel, Now that's just what I am, For this "fair Land of Freedom" I do not care AT ALL; I'm glad I fit against it-- I only wish we'd won And I don't want no pardon For anything I done.
2. I hates the Constitution, This Great Republic, too, I hate the Freedman's Buro, In uniforms of blue; I hates the nasty eagle, With all his braggs and fuss, The lyin', thievin' Yankees, I hates 'em wuss and wuss.
3. I hates the Yankee nation And everything they do, I hates the Declaration Of Independence too; I hates the glorious Union-- 'Tis dripping with our blood-- I hates the striped banner, I fit it all I could.
4. I followed old mas' Robert For four year, near about, Got wounded in three places And started at Pint Lookout; I cotch the roomatism A campin' in the snow, But I killed a chance o' Yankees, I'd like to kill some mo'.
5. Three hundred thousand yankees Is stiff in Southern dust; We GOT three hundred thousand Before they conquered us; They died of Southern fever And Southern steel and shot, I wish they was three million Instead of what we got.
6. I can't take up my musket And fight 'em now no more, But I ain't a going to love 'em, Now that is sartin sure; And I don't want no pardon For what I was and am, I won't be reconstructed And I don't care a dam.