Fun story at link above. Involves things that interest us: water, big dogs, water rescue, neoprene device, etc.
A few observations:
1. In the US, Newfoundland dogs are black only. Interesting to see one that is white with black head.
2. This rescue dog's handler is a mere 17 years old
3. I'd like a Newfie and even with the proximity to ocean, lakes, and one reservoir, I think it is too hot for one in my area (Santa Barbara)
4. My previous black lab, borrowed golden retriever (especially!), and even german shorthair pointer enjoyed/enjoy water - even ocean waves. But, present ridgeback does not like even the broken waves that wash onshore. I've yet to see her swim.
5. Aforementioned and greatly loved previous black lab also was cut on carelessly discarded glass. This lead to some ligament damage and I put my dog through my own therapy program to fix her without surgery / undue expense
6. Kitey, I'm a daily UK Daily Mail reader