Ok, I'm soooooo confused! I've been surfing since last year, but not that often so am still a major beginner...especially when it comes to boards! I just don't get it! I have a few questions...
1. Longboards = easier to control but bad for small waves, yes? And shortboards are the opposite?
2. So if I want a mixture of both what do I go for?!
3. Apparently as a beginner, I want a wide and thick board?
4. And mini-mals are worth considering?
5. Bics...what's the deal with them?
6. For a 5ft 7, 8.5 stone girl - what size should I be getting?
7. Can you get kind of in-between boards that aren't long and aren't short?!! (sounds stupid, I know but I don't wanna end up at one extrme or the other really!)
8. And stupidest question of all....at what point / after what length does a board become classed as "long"?!!
You're probably all gonna think I'm completely incapable now, but your help would be greatly appreciated coz although I'm having lots of fun looking at pretty pictures of boards, I don't have a clue! And I need to understand if I'm gonna keep on with the surfing, and I reeeeeally wanna coz it's the best thing I've ever done :)