I had a good chuckle this morning after this little 11yr old boy said really proudly, "Miss, I'm almost famous cuz my dad's brother's best friends girlfriends sister sat near David Beckham on a flight to (somewhere or other)". This little kid felt so good about it, it was soooooooooooo funny. It got me thinking, what's your claim to fame? The more bizarre the better!
Here's mine (and I know they suck, but that's the whole point!)
- my brother was responsible for putting the piano part onto Coldplay's song "trouble". He's also recorded loads of stuff with indie bands like the seahorses and stuff. he works in the music industry and his software is used by warner brothers when they record sound for movies.
- my other brothers best mate served kevin costner in a restaurant up north when he was filming that Robin hood thing up by Hadrians Wall.
- Ewan Macgregor smiled at me (honest, he did) on the beach in Brighton the other month when he was filming with Woody Allen. They hadn't got a name for the movie, but it said "Wasp 06" on the notice. he did smile at me, he really did (dream dream dream!)
- I bumped into (literally) Richard Dawkins in a pathology lab. I was sooooooooo shocked I just stood there with my mouth wide open
I love his books and think he's amazing.
- I sat at a table next to a famous MAN U footballer in a posh restaurant off deansgate in manchester on my 22nd birthday. He was with a fit woman though
- the dad of a kid I teach looked after Goerge Clooney for a day.
- the dad of another kid I teach looks exactly like George Clooney (it's parents evening again soon
- i was friends at uni with a genuinely distant relative of Anne Frank.
- i met Moby in a club in newcastle after he did a small gig
hmmmmm I can't think of any more just yet.... but maybe I'll add to it.
So what's yours??????