Re: Any Surfers in the Navy? How does it work out?
assuming you are talking about the US Navy, then get assigned to:
- Naval Surface Warfare Center Port Hueneme near Oxnard, CA (they actually hold an annual surf contest in which competitors are enlisted and civilian)
- Naval Air Station Point Mugu near Ventura, CA and Oxnard, CA
- Naval Weapons Station in Seal Beach, CA
- Naval Base San Diego in San Diego, CA
- Naval Base Point Loma Naval Base, Point San Diego, CA
- Naval Base Coronado in San Diego, CA
- Naval Air Station North Island, San Diego, CA
- Marine Corps Base Hawaii (MCBH), at Kaneohe Bay, HI
- Naval Computer and Telecommunications Area Master Station Pacific, in Wahiawa, HI
- Pacific Missile Range Facility (Barking Sands), in Kekaha, HI
- NB Pearl Harbor near Honolulu, HI
- Naval Security Group Activity (NSGA) Kunia, near Honolulu, HI
You'll be able to get some surf time at these locations. There are also bases in Guam and Japan. I'm not as familiar with them, but there is surf there, too.