Hi i know this may take 5 mins but i would be so appreciative if you could copy this questionnaire into word, answer it then e mail it back to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cheers
My name is Chris Morse; I am currently in my final year of Geography at Plymouth University. I am researching information for my final project. I am investigating the potential impacts of the proposed artificial reef on Newquay’s environment, economy and drive to become a world class surfing location. The reef’s aim is to create better quality more consistent waves at Tolcarne. The purpose of this questionnaire is to help me gauge the public’s opinion to the idea of an artificial reef. I would be very grateful if you could spend a few moments filling out my questionnaire.
1) Hometown – (if you’re a Newquay resident please go to section 2)
2) Age -
3) Have you ever visited Newquay?
4) What was your main reason for visiting Newquay?
(holiday, visiting friends or relatives or business)
5) How many times have you visited Newquay?
6) In which months would you be most likely to visit Newquay?
7) When did you last visit Newquay?
How likely are you to visit again?
9) Did you purchase any Surf Related Items during your stay? (ignore if local)
10) Are you aware of the proposed artificial reef to be built at Tolcarne?
11) Are you in favour of an artificial reef being developed on the seabed at Tolcarne in order to maximise its wave quality?
12) Do you partake in any of the following activities? Place a cross next to choice (if no please skip to section 3)
13) Which Newquay beach did/do you most frequently use?
14) 1 being the lowest standard and 10 the highest, how do you rate Newquay for your sport? (E.g. standard of waves)
15) 1 being the lowest standard and 10 the highest, how do you rate Newquay for its facilities? (e.g. Showers, changing rooms)
16) 1 being the lowest standard and 10 the highest, how do you rate Newquay for shops catering for your sport?
17) Did you purchase any Surf Related Items during your stay? (ignore if local)
18) Are you aware of the proposed artificial reef to be built at Tolcarne?
19) Are you in favour of an artificial reef being developed on the seabed at Tolcarne in order to maximise its wave quality?
20) Would the reef encourage you to visit Newquay more frequently throughout the year? (ignore if local)
21) If successful the reef at Tolcarne could produce waves up to the standard of Jefferies Bay S.A. (world class surfing location). For you, could it compete with going abroad to surf?
22) Would you like to see more large scale surfing events in Newquay?
23) Do you believe surf culture is positive or negative towards
Newquay’s environment –
Newquay’s society –
Newquay’s economy -