Re: Huntington Beach in September
1) What wetsuit should I take, a spring suit short sleeved, spring suit log sleeved, a full 3/2 ?
Depends on how warm you remain in water that is 13C to 17C. You'll see many surfers using full 3/2. You'll also see many surfers using a shorty suit for an hour or three at the warmest part of the day. I'd bring your short-sleeved shorty and full 3/2.
2) Any information about the beach break, rips, tides etc
There are miles of beach break at Huntington Beach. Surf close to the pier only if you are a competant surfer. If not competant, just move 0.3km in either direction from the pier.
3) Places to hire boards from and typical rates ?
Jack's Surf shop is one of the premier shops at Huntignton Beach. It's right across the street from the pier. Board rentals go for about $25 per day. Wetsuits rent for about $10 per day. There are other shops there, too, within walking distance. For example, go down to Frog House Surf shop in Newport Beach (about 5km miles south of Huntington beach)
1) Go to the International Surf Museum at 411 Olive Avenue, Huntington Beach. You can walk there from Jack's, the pier, and the beach. It is a must see.
2) eat breakfast at the Sugar Shack Cafe at 213 Main Street. Guess what? YOu can walk there from Jack's, the pier, the beach, adn the museum. Also, you may be served by or eat with other patrons whom are all surfing legends.