- New forum created - Shoredump (viewforum.php?f=33)
This new forum is for stuff that is not really wanted elsewhere, such as the blatant surf related self promotion / check out my new site sort of posts, and the dreaded surveys. These posts can now be moved by moderators to the Shoredump forum, where it can be easily ignored if you so wish.
- The member ranks have been slightly changed, eg. you may have noticed that you are no longer a Sponger, or your rank has changed without posting. Nothing to worry about, this is to accommodate for the following couple of changes:
- If you have 20 posts or more, you are now allowed to have a signature. Love 'em or hate 'em (I hate 'em ), I realise it's something that some people want, so let's give them a try. At the moment it's text only, no images.
- This next one is a little reward to the regulars. 50 posts and over you reach the rank of surfer and !poof! - all the advertising on the forum disappears. Luck you! Don't worry - cash donations are still acceptable
It should be easier on the eye and speed up forum browsing nicely.
- We'll be taking it a little easier on the self promotion and link dropping, this may generate some posting interest and will be montored closely.
That idea behind the changes are to try and encourage more members and more contributions, and look to give a little bonus to the regular members.
Let me know what you think, feedback welcome.